Fran was Playmate of the Month for March 1967. Her pictorial was titled Stars in Her Eyes.
Fran was born Fran Anna Camuglia on March 23 (or 24), 1948, in New York. Her family (she had three siblings) moved to the Los Angeles area, where Fran was a member of the Granada Hills High School Class of 1966.
Fran married Jack Cavender, age 37, in 1966. The marriage lasted only seven months; they divorced in January 1967, shortly after her pictorial was published. She remarried in 1970 to Maximilian Anthony Ray, of New Mexico, in Las Vegas.
Fran was the first Playmate to be photographed wearing glasses. According to the magazine, she was an astrologer’s assistant at the time. A post on the Find A Grave website reports that she worked for Los Angeles astrologer Jack Gemini.
Fran, like many Playmates, disappeared from the public eye after her pictorial.
Fran died May 30, 1985, at age 37, in Fountain View, CA. A post on the Find A Grave website reports that she committed suicide and is buried at Fairhaven Memorial Park in Santa Ana, CA.
All posts about Fran | Digital
- Playmate of the Month pictorial, Stars in Her Eyes, March 1967
- Subscription ad, November 1967
- Playboy’s Playmate Review, January 1968
- Book of Lingerie, July-August 1997
- Celebrating Centerfolds Vol. 2, 1999
- Playmates – The First Fifteen Years, 1983
- Pocket Playmates, 5, 1996
- Japanese NSS Playmates 312, 1980
- Japanese NSS Playmates Collection 2, 1982
- Japanese edition pictorial, All the Playmates Go Marching On!, February 1987
- Japanese NSS The Big are the Best!, 1998
- Polish edition, June 2012
- Russian edition, February 2012
- Slovenian edition Playboy Klasika, October 2014
- Ukrainian edition, February 2012