Melinda was Playmate of the Month for February 1966. Her pictorial was titled Student Princess.
Melinda was born June 25, 1944, in Akron, OH. She was a 21-year-old student at UCLA at the time of her Playmate of the Month pictorial. She had been working as an insurance rater and taking night classes at UCLA. She was going to use the money she received for posing for Playboy to finish her degree, which she did. Her goal was to attend graduate school, earn a PhD and become a teacher.
Melinda’s pictorial caused a stir. In a newspaper story, UCLA stated that they had no one by the name of “Melinda Windsor” enrolled. Readers wrote to the editors of Playboy asking if they had their facts straight. Playboy responded that “Melinda” was a student at UCLA in the fall of 1965 when she posed, but was not enrolled during the winter of 1966 and that she had used a pseudonym.
According to the Akron Beacon Journal, Melinda’s real name is Ann Brockway. The newspaper was looking for her in 2016 to do a 50-year anniversary story on her pictorial. A man in Brooklyn, NY, was able to identify her through a newspaper database. Ann Brockway lived in Akron until she was 12, then moved to Decatur, OH. She graduated in 1962 from McArthur High School in Decatur, attended Graceland College in Iowa and then went to UCLA. By age 22, she was married to Niels Hansson.
All posts about Melinda | Digital
- Playmate of the Month pictorial, Student Princess, February 1966
- Playboy’s Playmate Review, January 1967
- Subscription ad, January 1968
- Centerfolds of the Century, December 2000
- Book of Lingerie, May-June 1997
- Celebrating Centerfolds Vol. 5, 2000
- Centerfolds of the Century, 2000
- Playmates – The First Fifteen Years, 1983
- Pocket Playmates 5, 1996
- Japanese NSS Playmates 312, 1980
- Japanese NSS Playmates Collection 1, 1982
- Japanese edition pictorial, All the Playmates Go Marching On!, February 1987
- Japanese NSS The Big are the Best!, 1998
- Russian edition feature, ГАЛЕРЕЯ, December 2015
- Holiday magazine, in an ad for Naturalizer shoes, October 1964
- The Playmate Book: Five Decades of Centerfolds, 1996
- Soldiers magazine, April 1974
- VIP magazine, fall 1967