Teddi was Playmate of the Month for July 1960. Her pictorial was titled Ship Shape.
Teddi was born Delilah Henry on Sept. 21, 1942, in Hastings, NE. In the book “The Bunny Years: The Surprising Inside Story of the Playboy Clubs,” she says her family became migrants while she was still a baby, traveling from Northern California to Oregon to find work. They settled in Grant’s Pass, OR, for a while where the family built a log cabin. Later, while living in Log Angeles, Teddi left school at age 16.
Teddi reportedly was “discovered” in California by glamour photographer Edmund Leja, who was a friend of her parents. She posed for a series of photo shoots with Leja at his Woodland Hills, CA, home and at locations around Los Angeles. Leja sent a few to Playboy.
After her Playmate of the Month pictorial, Teddi became involved with Playboy. “I was the first girl to be invited to live in Hef’s mansion in Chicago,” she says in the book “The Bunny Years: The Surprising Inside Story of the Playboy Clubs.” She also started working as a Bunny at the Chicago Playboy Club. “When it was discovered that I was only 17 years old, too young to work legally in the club, I became Hef’s receptionist at Playboy and traveled the country doing Playmate promotions.” She later worked as a Bunny in the Chicago and New Orleans Playboy Clubs and worked in the Playboy photo department.
Teddi appeared on the cover of Playboy five times during the 1960s.
As of 1998, Teddi had had her own New York-based interior design firm for 15 years.
Digital | Leja photosets | Later in life
- Playmate of the Month pictorial, Ship Shape, July 1960
- Playboy’s Playmate Review, January 1961
- Playboy Club News, November 1961
- Playmate Holiday House Party, December 1961
- A Playmate Pillow Fight, February 1963
- Subscription ad, January 1964
- Playmates Revisited 1960, August 1964
- The Bunnies of Chicago, August 1964
- The Playboy Cover Story, April 1966
- Playboy’s Playmate Reunion, April 1980
- Playmate News, August 1998
- Inside the Playboy Mansion, December 1998
- Book of Lingerie, November-December 1995
- Celebrating Centerfolds Vol. 3, 1999
- Playmates – The First Fifteen Years, 1983
- Pocket Playmates 6, 1997
- Argentine edition, April 2011
- Japanese NSS Playmates 312, 1980
- Japanese NSS Playmates Collection 1, 1982
- Japanese edition pictorial, All the Playmates Go Marching On!, February 1987
- Romanian edition feature, Playback, October 2013
- 50 Years of the Playboy Bunny, 2010
- Playboy’s Greatest Covers, 2012
- The Playmate Book: Five Decades of Centerfolds, 1996
- Yonkers Herald Statesman, in photo as Miss Cold Potato, Feb. 21, 1966
- Valley Times, April 1, 1959
- Vancouver Express, May 12, 1970
- Showtime special, Playboy’s Playmate Reunion (1982)