Surrey was Playmate of the Month for January 1967. Her pictorial was title Unmelancholy Dane.
Surrey was born Solveig Mellomborgen on Nov. 11, 1947, in Norway. A model there, she moved to New York City, where she worked as a Bunny at the New York Playboy Club.
In 1969, Surrey co-authored a book with Robert Liston titled “The Girl in the Centerfold.” Publisher’s Weekly called it “A candid confessional … going overboard on a few sex scenes … a tale of shocking admissions and intimate inside revelations about the life of a Playboy Club bunny who suddenly found herself chosen to be the girl in the centerfold…. Her impressions of Hugh Hefner and his coterie at the Chicago pleasure palace are full of surprises…. She seems sincerely moved to get the whole story off her chest.”
- Playmate of the Month pictorial, Unmelancholy Dane, January 1967
- Playboy’s Playmate Review, January 1968
- Celebrating Centerfolds Vol. 1, 1998
- Playmates – The First Fifteen Years, 1983
- Pocket Playmates 5, 1996
- German edition pictorial, Centerfolds, August 2015
- Japanese NSS Playmates 312, 1980
- Japanese NSS Playmates Collection 2, 1982
- Japanese edition pictorial, All the Playmates Go Marching On!, February 1987
- Russian edition, June 2009